Friday, March 22, 2013

month 6

Ryder-

You are following right in Quincy's footsteps with your ear infections. This month you had another one. I knew right away when you were up all night and took you to the doctore before it got too bad. I hope you don't continue to have them, but I won't be surprised if you do.

You keep growing like crazy! At your 6 month appointment you weighed in at 17lbs 4oz putting you in the 44th % for weight and 27.5in, putting you in the 83rd % for height. How did we get such a big boy! You are wearing 6-9 month clothes and your foot is already a size 2. You are bald and chunky and we love it.
You hit two big milestones this month. You learned how to roll from back to front and sit up. I can no longer leave you in a room by yourself because you will roll all over. If you see something you want you can usually get to it, and anything you can grab along the way you put in your mouth. We have to watch you a lot closer now. You can also sit by yourself. It is so nice to be able to sit you up without having to prop you on something. You love it.

I couldn't wait until the 6 month mark to feed you, I was too excited. I started feeding you pureed food a few weeks ago. I love this phase. I feel like I am pushing you to grow up fast, but I love the toddler stage so much more than the baby stage. I can't wait for you to get there. So far you have tried rice cereal, oatmeal, pears and potatoes. You have loved all of these. I have to cut you off because you will eat and eat. I hope you like everything like your sister did. She was a great eater and it was fun to feed her because she would try almost everything.
As you are growing and we see more of your personality it's been fun to see the difference and similarities between you and Quincy. She is all we know so we compare everything to her. You are much bigger than her; big hands, big feet, big head. So boyish. Q was so petite. It's very different to have a boy after a girl. You are loud and rough. You hit and scratch and your voice is low and raspy. You are sweet and thoughtful like your sister though. You keep me in your sights and when we make eye contact you almost always smile. You look me in the eye and I know that you and I are going to have something very special. You have stolen a huge chunk of my heart. My thoughts are becoming more consumed with you and that is a good thing.
Ryder, you are my world. You are such a good little boy. You keep me going. You keep me smiling. You keep mine and daddy's world moving forward. I don't know where we would be without you. You came at just the right time, we needed you more than you will even know.

Love you lots.

No comments: