Friday, December 28, 2012

month 3

Ryder-

You have turned into a new boy this month. You are so much happier now and I feel like we can finally enjoy you. I will be honest, the first two months you drained me and I didn't always love being around you. I am especially weak right now and you did not start out as the easiest baby. But this month you have turned a corner and you are absolutely adorable!
Like Q, you smile a lot and talk like crazy. You have giggled a few times and it is so dang cute. Unlike Q, you are a true boy. You fart (a lot), you grunt, you whine and when you are hungry you are mean. I felt like I could hold Q off a little from eating if I was in the middle of something but not you, when you are ready to eat you do not want to wait one more minute. You eat a lot, poop a lot and sleep a lot. You are such a different baby than I am used to, but I am starting to get used to you and your ways.
 I can finally brag about how well you sleep! This is a really big deal to me. I don't do well if I don't get sleep. At about 10 weeks you started sleeping through the night. This happened at the perfect time because I have now started back to work and really need my sleep. You are consistently sleeping 8-9 hours without a bottle which makes everyone so happy. Since I went back to work this month you started going to daycare. You get to go to Carrie's house. Quincy loved Carrie and I can already tell you do too. You smile so big at her. You get to play with Quincy's friends and are exhausted when you come home. I'm sure it makes Q happy to see you with these people she loves so much.
This month you were introduced to your softie. Q loved her softie so much that we decided to see if you would like one too, and you do. If you are sleepy we hand you your softie and you will pull it up to your face and cuddle and rub it. It settles you down. I like to think it reminds you of Quincy too. I think all our babies will have softies.
Ryder, I am so happy you are mine. Losing Q has hurt me so badly I have put up a huge wall. I have been afraid to give you my heart in fear of losing you too and feeling the intense pain all over again. But you are persistent and you are quickly breaking my wall down. I am falling more and more in love with you. I know I have said this many times, but you are a huge blessing and you have truly saved me. You are my boy and I am your mommy and I pray every day that you will never leave me. I need you little Ryder dude.  

Love you lots.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He is SO cute!!

Unknown said...

He is SO cute!!

Chris and McKell said...

He is gorgeous!!! What a sweet little boy he is!